DataView for Xojo by piDog Software
- [Bug] Fix for double click causing next click to fail
- [Bug] Fix for exception when placed on DesktopWindow
- Fix for wrong graphics scale in celltextpaint and headertextpaint on retina/hidpi display
- [New] Internal rendering overhaul.
- [New] FPS greatly improved for HIDPI/Retina
- [New] using dashed gridlines no longer slows rendering speed
- [New] Added CellTextWidth method to get the required width to display the full text for a given cell
- [New] Added ListColumn.AutoExpandWidth() to allow for automatically expanding column width to show all text in cells of that column
- [New] Added property DefaultMaxColumnWidth to allow setting a default max width for new columns
- [New] Added EndEditing parameter to cellDidEdit to allow preventing editing of next cell when tabbing out of editing cell
- [Change] DataSource renamed to dvDataSource to avoid naming conflicts
- [All] Fix for popupmenu cells not displaying the currently assigned value
- [All] Fix for potential exception when user resizing columns
- [All] Fix for situations where a dataview is embedded in a panel inside a desktopContainer
- [All] Some improvements to scrolling when a drag is near the edge of the control
- [All] Home and End keys now scroll to top and bottom of view
- [All] Fixed a possible exception when resizing columns
- [Mac] Fix for column alignment Center/Right on M1 Macs
- [Win] Fixed a bug preventing running on Windows
- [New] Added property ScrollToFocusOnSort to allow disabling scroll animation when sorting or adding rows to a sorted list
- [New] Added AutomaticHeadingHeight
- [New] Added xCompatibilityMod to allow interoperability between Desktop API1 and API2
- [Bug] Prevents IllegalCastException when placed on TabPanel or Container with Desktop API2
- [Bug] Fix for ScrollToRect, ScrollCellIntoView not accounting for scrollbars.
- [Demo] Inspector now displays negative values properly
- [New] Support for Dark Mode on Windows 10+ with Xojo 2021r3+
- [New] Added headingHelpTag
- [New] Added event ScrollabilityChanged and properties CanScrollVertical and CanScrollHorizontal
- [New] Added UsesThemeHighlightColor property to allow control over whether the user chosen tint color is used as as row selection color with UsesSystemColors=true on Windows.
- [All] Fixed issue with scrolling and row pickup being slow with a very large list
- [All] Improved scrolling when SnapToRowTops is true with a large list
- [All] Fixes for when scrollbars show/hide
- [All] Fix for cell borders when scrolling past left edge with locked columns.
- [All] Fixed a bug in RemoveRow where depopulate values could be called after the row was removed causing values to be saved to the wrong row.
- [All] Fix issue where doubleClick could be called twice
- [Win] Improvements for scrollbar rendering when scroll buttons are visible on Win10+
I am often asked how DataView compares to Listbox in terms of adding rows.
Here’s a comparison adding 100,000 rows of 3 columns:
– ListBox: 3 Seconds
– DataView: 3 Seconds
– ListBox: 43 Seconds
– DataView: 2 Seconds
Linux Mint 64bit:
– Listbox: 2 Seconds
– DataView: 3 Seconds
Of course DataView also includes some on-demand options allowing a list of 5,000,000+ rows to load instantly. It only depends on the speed of your back-end.
Try it out for free!
Download the demo project to see how it works. If you decide to use it in a production app, just buy a license code and plug it in.
32bit and 64bit