DataView for Xojo by piDog Software
- [New] CellKeyDown now fires for a focused cell. Editing mode not required.
- [Bug] Fixes for click outside Cell Editor not finishing edit
- [Bug] Fix for Cell Editor not retaining focus (0 row)
- [Bug] Fix for edge drag at bottom scrolling incorrectly
- [Bug] Fix for Cell Edit turning black with Xojo 2019 r3+
- [New] Added CellContainer.FillCellWidth and FillCellHeight properties to replace reliance on defunct LockLeft,LockTop etc.
- [Bug] SnapToRowTops now more reliable and accurate
- [Bug] Scrolling lag corrected when paintEmptyRows=true or using Gridlines
- [Bug] Empty rows now respect Column.DefaultColumnSpan property
- [Bug] CellContainer insets corrected for heirarchical lists
- [New] You can now set the varType of a column to treat values in that column as that type of value ie me.column(x).vartype=varType(1.0) //set type to double
- [New] Added inspector Window to demo to allow Viewing and modifying properties of Demo Items.
- [New] Added SortIndicatorPaint event to allow custom drawing of column sort indicator
- [Demo] Reorganized Demo folders more logically
- [Docs] Added example code for several events.
- [All] CellTextPaint now passes x and width byref to allow modifying location of built-in text.
- [Bug] Fix for issue where cellContainer would shift when cell was activated
- [Bug] Fix for Cell Editor not sizing correctly, esp on Win7
- [Bug] Fix for group row rendering glitch
- [Bug] AddChildRow now sets parent row as folder if not already set
- [Bug] CellPicture now adds padding between cell picture and cell text
- [Bug] No longer raises an exception if cell formatting functions (cellBold etc) are called out of the existing column bounds
- [macOS] Fixed a rendering issue for cellContainers when switching between light and dark modes
- [Win] No longer tries to emulate theme color for selected rows.
- [Linux] Fixed issues with popupmenu cells and dateChooser modality/placement
I am often asked how DataView compares to Listbox in terms of adding rows.
Here’s a comparison adding 100,000 rows of 3 columns:
– ListBox: 3 Seconds
– DataView: 3 Seconds
– ListBox: 43 Seconds
– DataView: 2 Seconds
Linux Mint 64bit:
– Listbox: 2 Seconds
– DataView: 3 Seconds
Of course DataView also includes some on-demand options allowing a list of 5,000,000+ rows to load instantly. It only depends on the speed of your back-end.
Try it out for free!
Download the demo project to see how it works. If you decide to use it in a production app, just buy a license code and plug it in.
32bit and 64bit