Editable Text Cell ...

Notifications
Clear all

Editable Text Cell - Black Background When Clicked  

RSS

Hi

I am playing with DataView for the first time, so maybe I am missing something. I have some contact information that I am able to put into the list, no problem. I want to go into an "edit mode" and edit the data, also fine. But when I click on the cell I want to edit, the background of the cell becomes black. I can see the the text while it is highlighted, but as soon as I start to edit it, it is no longer highlighted and becomes black text on the black background, impossible to see. (screenshot attached)

When the DataView is selected in the editor, the background colors are set to white or light gray (the defaults, I have not messed around with formatting much). I tried explicitly setting the cell background color in CellClick and CellBackgroundPaint event handlers, but that did not work either. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020 07 15 at 11.38.44 PM

I also noticed that the top row has a different behavior, and the text won't stay selected. I duplicated what I am doing in a new file, so that I could try and track this down. In the file linked below, the data is loaded into the DataView on opening. Clicking the Edit button reloads the data with (non editable) labels, and makes the name, title, company editable. You can see that the top row won't stay selected, and the other two rows will have the black background. Edit1 does the same operation, but adds a spacer row at the top. Done reverts to the opening state. The DataView is left at all default settings in the inspector, anything I changed I did in the open action handler or via action on the buttons.

Any idea where this is going wrong? I am sure I am missing something obvious but I am stumped.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvzjfgjbunvzd75/DataView%20Test.xojo_binary_project?dl=0

@merriweather
I'm taking a look. What OS/Xojo version are you seeing this on?

Thanks!

I am working on a 2015 MacBook Pro, Mojave 10.14.6, and Xojo 2019 r3.1

Topic Tags
2 Answers

Thanks!

I am working on a 2015 MacBook Pro, Mojave 10.14.6, and Xojo 2019 r3.1

It looks like this behavior is seen in 2019r3.1+

From my experimenting, it looks like you can avoid this by saving and reopening the project.

For whatever reason, pasting the dataview code doesn't cause the IDE to convert the properties but saving to disk does appear to.

Share: