DataView for Xojo by piDog Software
DataView is a list control subclassed from
piDog.DataView is a fast and flexible list viewer by piDog Software.
Check out the features!
piDog.DataView is included with piDogScrollingCanvas!
- Animated Column reordering, Row Dragging, Folder Expansion and Collapse and optionally, CellHeights!
- Retina capable
- Handles millions of rows with ease
- List is backed by a DataSource object. Subclass DataSource and manage your data your way!
- Demo includes an example DataBase browser to get you started!
- Independantly setable RowHeights.
- Set Font attributes and colors for individual cells.
- Optimized for Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Drop in compatible with Xojo Listbox in most cases (let me know if I've missed something)
- Receive Mouse Events in individual cells!
- Supports Zoom In/Out
- Optionally uses native NSScrollers under OSX
- [New] added ActivateCell method to allow making a cellContainer active and available for access via code such as setFocus etc
- [New] Added AddColumn(NewColumn as piDogDataView.ListColumn, index as integer) to allow more direct configuration of new columns
- [New] Now allows the dataview to have no columns without throwing an exception
- [All] Fixed cell(-1,-1), cell(-1,x) and cell(x,-1)
- [All] MinWidthExpression now defaults to 5 to avoid inerfering with small column sizes
- [Bug] Fixed a potential StackOverflowException.
- [All] Fixed issues with datePicker not opening properly and other related issues
- [Demo] Fixed options pane column selections
- [All] Fixed an issue where an exception occurred if close was called during DoubleClick or CellClick
- [All] Fixed "Check All" checkboxes to align with column checkboxes
- [All] Added "AutomaticCheckboxes" property to propagate checked/indeterminate status in a heirarchical list and to check all boxes.
- [All] Added "TextWrapModeCharacter"
- [All] Column.CheckAllChecked as Boolean replaced with Column.CheckAllChecked as Integer to allow for indeterminite checkboxes
- [All] Setting columnWidths property with a width less than a column's minimum width now decreases the minimum width.
- [Mac] DatePicker now allows nil date and returns nil when no selection is made.
- [Demo] ScrollingCanvas demo "snapshot" window now has a button to capture the front window's contents rather than a timer to avoid related crashes.
- [Bug] Fixed an issue preventing double click from beginning a cell edit operation.
- [All] Fixed an issue where adding a row and setting celledit would scroll to the previous last row in the view.
- [Windows] Changed gridline drawing to use graphics.drawline for dotted lines under windows.
- [Windows] BackgroundColor now works again.
- [Windows] Selection color now correct under Windows 10 when usesSystemColors is selected.
- [All] Removed PageLeft and PageTop to avoid confusion.
- [All] PrintPage now aligns text properly when alignment is other than left aligned.
- [All] Accessing a column beyond existing columns now raises an OutOfBoundsException
- [Fixed CellEdit artifacts on retina displays
- [Mac] TextAlignment now works properly again under macOS 10.13
- [Mac] Scrolling is now slightly smoother
- [Linux] fixed some blurry results with HIDPI mode
- [All] Fixed gridline enums in inspector pane
- [Win] Checkboxes now truncate correctly again
- [Win] Fixed some mouse event issues.
- [All] Fixed backward compatibility issues with RealStudio (2012r2.1) and Xojo 2013r1
- [All] Fixed a bug causing closed DataViews not to be released
- [All] Gridlines now draw correctly when a view has empty rows visible and PaintEmptyRows=true
- [All] Border drawing improved
- [All] Clicks in embedded containers now update container when click causes selection to change
- [Mac] Fixed a crash related to drawing ProgressBars on macOS
- [Mac] Fixed a bug causing ProgressBars to be misaligned
- [Win] Now draws dashed Gridlines
- [Win] No longer draws gridlines over selected popupmenu cell border
- [New] Added cellBorderTop, cellBorderBottom, cellBorderLeft, cellBorderRight
- [New] Added gridlinesHorizontal and gridlinesVertical properties to match Listbox
- [New] Added gridlinesHorizontalColor and gridlinesVerticalColor
- [New] Added optional Indent parameter to InsertRow and InsertFolder for compatibility
- [New] Added TypeIndex to allow setting a column to display "Line numbers" in the same style as the list header. If column 0 is an Index, disclosures move to row 1.
- [New] Added property "AutoExpandCellEditor" to allow Cell Editor to expand to accomodate entered text in multiline cells.
- [New] AddRow and InsertRow can now accept an array of Variants for faster adding
- [All] GridlinePaint event now fires for each cell, allowing custom painting of each cell
- [All] Fixed a visual hiccup when expanding a folder
- [All] Setting contents of a dataView using cell(-1,-1) no longer causes an outOfBoundsException.
- [All] Scrolling to a cell/rect now uses a proper ease out algorythm
- [All] Major improvements to render speed made by eliminating duplicate calls to show scrollers.
- [All] PrintPage added pageTop and pageLeft to allow correct printing of embedded containers on MacOS
- [All] Eliminated delay when picking up rows on lists with large number of rows.
- [Linux] Updated to gtk3 for use with Xojo 2017r2
- [Linux] PopupMenus and DatePicker cells now use themed text color with UsesSystemColors set.
- [Linux] UseNativeScrollers now renders scrollers via GTKStyleContext
- [Win] Embedded containers now render Textareas correctly under Windows 7.
- [Win] Fixed column dragging animation glitch
- [Win] DatePicker no longer prevents mousewheel after selecting a date.